Monday, December 11, 2017

Now I lay me

Do I matter
If my last breath
Were a test
Who would come
This girl undone
Uncomplicated
Underrated
Self-deprecation
Under appreciation
Lived as she was told
And now she is old
Left in the cold
Her heart lay
Dying
Crying
I am not okay
Not on this day
I just want to fade
Quietly away
Still I wonder
Who mourns her
Who desires her
Who misses her
Yawl too needy
You got greedy
Neediness clings
Clipped her wings
It bites
It stings
It brings nothing
To the table
She ain’t stable
Hung from a cable
Her feet sway
Chair knocked away
Will someone pray
Release her soul
Her breath you stole
Where will she go
Heaven or Hell
Nobody knows
Faith may tell
Pity this girl
She once was
Someone’s sweetheart
Someone’s blessing
Some 'Daddy's' dressing
She’s a bit player
To her naysayers
All your clout
Gave her doubt
What she's about 
All she needed
You to be
Someone who cared
Genuinely
Noone's to blame
It's just a game
Of chance
Of risk
Do I exist?
The grass it grows
The crosses in rows
Dead flowers and stones
And who will atone
Her death all alone
Did she matter

***

No comments:

Post a Comment