Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Settling Debt

All these words spent
Anger and lies
Searching for something I haven’t felt yet
Irreplaceable
Still I am denied
On my knees ain’t making sense
Troubled waters like nothing
Barely alive
Fucking history what do you know
I held her hand and let it go
Barely clinging you throw at me
This shade sister a blanket
Putting your rage to sleep
Spilling blood like rain on fire
Blowing your smoke
Making your prayers count
Wishing on dimes
Wanting to believe
I am standing all alone
Full of holes
A god damned sieve
Ain’t nothing matters
No one I can shout at
In my corner webs of deceit
Lost and lonely
Talking trees
And empty fields
Cast aside my hands raw
My knuckles bleed
Weeping for a man
I no longer see
And for you mama
Like you still breathe
I need to let you go
So I can finally sleep


No comments:

Post a Comment