Thursday, September 27, 2018

Remnants

I have so many things I want to say to you
Deep inside my heart, the remnants of our truth
For outside I am broken, unable to see
This beauty that lays before me and let it breathe
Warring tread the shadows, wanting to find their place
Dancing within the madness, willing their restraint
I am lost in darkness, beneath the blinding Sun
Wishing for refuge, to forget you and move on
If I could paint a picture, perhaps you might see
The depths of the sorrow that lingers within me
In this night on bended knee, I pray for release
To ease my weary soul and let my bruises heal
I have so many things I want to say to you
Hidden inside of me, a love forever true
For outside I am broken and may always be
Wanting you and wishing that you would set me free
***

No comments:

Post a Comment